Facebook Twitter Instagram
    Trending
    • Nicole Kidman, 59, Shows Off Natural Curly Hair on Iceland Family Vacation Aboard a Luxury Yacht — Photos
    • ‘Sister Wives’ Star Janelle Brown Goes Public with New Boyfriend Pete — and Christine Brown Has Already Weighed In — Photos
    • My Sister Charged Me $2,260 for My Surprise Party – I Was Ready to Pay Until She Dropped Something I Wasn’t Meant to See
    • Two Days Before the School Year Started, My 12-Year-Old Son Called and Said He Wasn’t Coming Home – What I Overheard at His Dad’s House Left Me Frozen
    • We Finally Paid off Our Mortgage, and My MIL Said She Could Start Making the House Her Own – The Next Morning, She Ran to My Husband, Crying, ‘You Have to Stop Her!’
    • My Twin Sister Passed Away in a Car Crash Ten Years Ago – Last Monday, a Dentist’s Office Called and Asked Me to Pick Her Up
    • With heavy hearts, we share the heartbreaking news that this legendary actress has passed away at the age of 100.
    • This Image Has People Perplexed. Can You Solve It?
    Facebook Twitter Instagram
    Daily Stories
    • Home
    • News
    • Conservative
    • Magazine
    • Health
    • Animals
    • English
    Daily Stories
    Home » Pete Hegseth’s brutal response to journalist added to war plans group
    News

    Pete Hegseth’s brutal response to journalist added to war plans group

    Kelly WhitewoodBy Kelly WhitewoodMarch 25, 20253 Mins Read

    Top-Secret White House Chat Breach Sparks Outrage and Tensions

    On Monday, The Atlantic’s Jeffrey Goldberg made a shocking revelation: he was accidentally added to a top-secret White House Signal chat discussing military plans for an upcoming strike on Yemen. The chat, which was supposed to be highly confidential, included 18 senior officials, including Vice President JC Vance, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth, and CIA Director Tulsi Gabbard.

    A Mistaken Inclusion in a Sensitive Chat

    Goldberg described how National Security Adviser Mike Waltz started the conversation on Signal, a secure messaging app. The chat was meant to be a private discussion of military operations, but Goldberg, a respected journalist, was mistakenly added. This included sensitive details about the strike, such as targets, weapons, and the sequence of attacks. Goldberg claimed that Hegseth shared specifics of the military plan in the chat just hours before the attack on March 15.

    Hegseth Fires Back

    Upon learning of the breach, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth wasted no time criticizing Goldberg’s credibility. Hegseth, calling Goldberg a “highly discredited so-called journalist,” slammed The Atlantic for its coverage of Trump-related issues. He accused Goldberg of spreading false information, labeling him a “deceitful” journalist who “peddles in garbage.”

    Hegseth was quick to dismiss the suggestion that he shared “war plans” in the group, emphasizing that no classified operational details had been leaked. However, Goldberg stood by his claims, telling CNN’s Kaitlan Collins that Hegseth was indeed texting attack plans in the group chat.

    Pete Hegseth, when asked about the monumental fuck up of including the editor of the Atlantic in a top secret chat room, elects to attack The Atlantic, instead of answering the question.

    Absolutely disqualifying and makes him sound imbecilic.
    pic.twitter.com/e5ttbi3FDk

    — Carlos Turnbull (@cturnbull1968) March 24, 2025

    The Fallout and Security Concerns

    The breach has sparked widespread outrage among lawmakers and security experts. Senator Jack Reed described the incident as “stunning and dangerous,” warning that such lapses in security could put American lives at risk. Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Roger Wicker also expressed concern, suggesting that mistakes had been made and promising to investigate the matter further.

    Goldberg expressed his anger and anxiety over the “sloppiness” of the security breach, stressing that American service personnel were directly involved in the strike, not just standoff weapons. He also joked about the potential disaster, saying, “They’re lucky they didn’t send this to a Houthi by mistake or a foreign diplomat.”

    The Implications and Accountability

    As the situation continues to unfold, the central question remains: how could such a major security lapse occur? The scandal has raised serious concerns about operational security within the White House and military leadership, leaving many wondering whether anyone will be held accountable for this dangerous mistake.

    With President Trump’s team already on the defensive, the repercussions of this breach could have far-reaching consequences for those involved.

    Previous ArticleJoe & Jill Biden step out for premiere — and everyone’s saying the same thing
    Next Article Alan Jackson gets teary-eyed in one of last shows while singing for dad

    Related Posts

    Nicole Kidman, 59, Shows Off Natural Curly Hair on Iceland Family Vacation Aboard a Luxury Yacht — Photos

    August 20, 2026

    ‘Sister Wives’ Star Janelle Brown Goes Public with New Boyfriend Pete — and Christine Brown Has Already Weighed In — Photos

    August 20, 2026

    My Sister Charged Me $2,260 for My Surprise Party – I Was Ready to Pay Until She Dropped Something I Wasn’t Meant to See

    August 20, 2026
    Search
    Categories
    • Conservative (1)
    • English (5)
    • Health (1)
    • Magazine (3)
    • News (8,734)
    Categories
    • Conservative (1)
    • English (5)
    • Health (1)
    • Magazine (3)
    • News (8,734)
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms of Service
    Copyright © 2026, News24. All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.